Vice President, Human Resources – Remote
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers, has an opening for an experienced Vice President, Human Resources.
You will be responsible for leading and driving human resources strategy including organizational design and effectiveness talent acquisition and retention, benefits and compensation, leadership and staff development, employee relations and compliance within a virtual workplace.
At Elevation Oncology, our people are our greatest strength as we trek towards a successful summit. This is a significant opportunity to drive the people and culture component of the organization and shape its evolution through the company’s growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- HR & Business Leadership
- Continue to mature the Human Resources function with strategies and tactics that drive a successful, collaborative, and high performing environment for all employees
- Champion human resources programs within the organization including contributing strategic thinking, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Drive the Performance Management process and facilitate regular talent reviews and succession planning activities
- In the virtual work environment, develop strategies and programs that foster collaborative relationships across the organization
- Review organization design and structure and recommend strategies that would improve organizational effectiveness, enhance team performance, promote a strong company culture and align with business strategies
- Coach, mentor and guide employees and leaders on a variety of personnel, process and/or organization effectiveness topics
- Partner closely with leaders on planning and executing organization transitions (e.g., strategy, structure, processes) and lead change management efforts for the company
- Compensation / Benefits
- Manage and implement compensation, benefit and incentive programs (e.g., management incentive, compensation philosophy, pay plans) that drive business goals and have a positive impact on employees
- Ensure total rewards programs are reviewed and updated to remain compliant and competitive and are aligned to business strategy and effectively driving and rewarding the right behaviors and retaining top talent
- Employee Relations / Compliance
- Provide direction and leadership in the development of employee recognition and engagement strategies
- Lead the development of Human Resources policies, procedures, and expectations for the company
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources
- Conduct employee relations investigations to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding human resources
- Selection & Staffing
- Over-see efforts in recruiting top industry talent and developing a diverse talent bench addressing capability gaps to deliver against business strategy
- Ensure job descriptions properly identify core activities and role requirements are realistic. Ensure job descriptions are completed for each role
- Review market data to determine position requirements and compensation for new roles
- Create and issue all offers of employment and manage on-boarding processes
- Support leaders in developing and executing short- and long-term workforce/resource plans
- Establish, measure, analyze and share metrics that assess the “health” of the organization; design actions that continue to move the organization forward.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advance degree preferred. 12+ years prior human resources experience including at least 2 years in a senior level role supporting C-Suite staff. Prior experience in pharma, biopharma, life science or related filed required.
- Certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR) preferred
- Experience in a start-up and/or virtual organization
- Experience with acquisition due diligence and change management preferred
- Must have a high degree of leadership capabilities, integrity, and work ethic
- Comfortable working independently and in cross-functional teams establishing effective relationship with both internal and external partners.
- Able to analyze complex issues in order to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations; demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action
- Proficient at balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high level of professionalism
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be located within and authorized to work in the United States today and in the future
- Domestic travel up to 20% may be required
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.
Search Firms and Agency Representatives: Elevation Oncology is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies for any job posting. Resumes submitted to any employee of Elevation Oncology by any search firm or agency without an applicable contract in place will be the property of Elevation Oncology and no fee will be paid.