Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers, has an opening for an experienced Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Reporting to the VP, Accounting and Finance, this role will be responsible for developing and analyzing financial plans that will assist the broader Elevation team, including the Leadership Team, in making critical strategic decisions. This role will actively manage financial planning & analysis including establishing effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage with stakeholders across G&A and R&D to develop forecasts, budgets, and long-range planning
- Support strategic decision-making through accurate and timely reporting of actual and plan information
- Work with the project management team to develop budget to support a portfolio of projects aligned with overall corporate goals and strategic objectives
- Analyze financial performance against budgets and provide detailed commentary on underlying variance drivers in support of monthly and quarterly accounting close process
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Support roll out of new planning system for budget and forecast
- Drive creation and evolution of reports and dashboards
- Work with Finance and project management team to establish operating KPIs measuring performance to budget and forecast
- Identify and propose improvements to finance processes
- Take ownership of tasks, projects, and analysis with minimum supervision
- Provide support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, and acquisition analysis
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in a financial planning & analysis role within the broader biopharma industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and developing workstreams based on goals
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to develop important relationships with internal stakeholders
- Must be detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Excellent project management abilities, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations and demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action
- Experience with typical ERP and FP&A systems including NetSuite, Oracle, etc. Experience with Adaptive Insights preferred
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office, including Excel formulas and pivot tables, PowerPoint, and Word.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.