It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers has an opening for experienced Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and play an active role in the financial close process and preparation of month-end / quarter-end journal entries related to clinical.
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process to ensure accurate and timely completion of expenses, accrual, and prepayments accounts
- Prepare journal entries and related supporting work papers for clinical accounting. Ensure compliance with SOX 404(b) requirements and maintain quality of work.
- Review and analyze clinical contracts and change orders, vendor financial reports and invoices, compare and reconcile data to purchase orders, budgets, work orders, as needed, to determine the appropriate journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations, roll forward schedules and other ad hoc schedules and analysis.
- Assist with external audit requests and PBC items for the quarterly and year end audits.
- Prepare flux analysis for assigned accounts
- Collaborate with the Clinical Department and other cross functional departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of operating expenses
- Participate and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements with external SOX auditors
- Assist with special ad-hoc projects, research, and supplemental reporting as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 + years’ experience in accounting operations with advanced Excel skills required, pharma and biotech experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience interacting with internal control/SOX auditors and external financial auditors
- Strong knowledge of GAAP , SOX 404 compliance , NetSuite and Coupa
- Strong analytical / communication skills and highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proven success working well under pressure in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment with continued process improvement and change
- Able to thrive in a remote/virtual environment
- Up to 10% domestic travel may be required. Must be located within and authorized to work in the United States today and in the future.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.