Medical Science Liaison, Medical Affairs
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers has an opening for experienced Program Manager.
Precision Oncology Medical Science Liaison, Medical Affairs
Elevation Oncology is a biopharmaceutical company committed to advancing the cause of precision medicine to transform the lives of patients with cancer. Our focus is on developing therapeutics for the treatment of cancer in genomically-defined patient populations.
This position reports to the Head of Precision Oncology MSLs and will work as part of a field-based team of scientific experts that function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. The MSLs will be responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders and healthcare professionals, as well as provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support to the company. The MSLs will develop and implement territory-specific plans to interface with key opinion leaders (KOLs), external partners (cooperative groups, diagnostic labs, etc.), and physicians in the community to discuss the current treatment landscape, biomarker testing, and gauge awareness of emerging therapies and targets. In addition, members of this team will also interact with pathologists and diagnostic labs to monitor the genetic testing landscape, understand regional/institutional testing practices, and raise awareness of Elevation Oncology’s clinical development plans. Optimal candidates will possess a strong understanding and experience with biomarker-led / precision oncology drug development and the diagnostic lab space.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in relevant scientific and disease state areas.
- In collaboration with Head of Precision Oncology MSL Team, develop and maintain regional KOL engagement plans.
- Identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationships with KOLs within assigned region.
- Participate in medical & scientific exchange with KOLs, health care professionals (HCPs), pathologists and diagnostic labs, and other external partners; collect and share relevant insights with internal stakeholders.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on clinical programs.
- Collaborate with clinical operations and clinical development in support of ongoing clinical trials and serve as a local resource to clinical trial sites.
- Represent the company at industry congresses and conferences.
- Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Embrace and represent Elevation’s culture of “patients first” focus, transparency and integrity, and collaborative mindset in support of advancing our clinical development programs.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- An advanced clinical degree (e.g., PharmD, PhD, or MD) is preferred. Other advanced degrees with commensurate industry experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years oncology MSL experience required; ideally in areas of lung cancer, pancreatic cancer/GI malignancies, and cholangiocarcinoma.
- Preference will be given to candidates with precision oncology experience and/or experience in oncology diagnostic space.
- Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays (e.g., OL meetings, industry congresses, etc.)
- Exhibits high level of scientific and clinical acumen with excellent communication and networking skills.
- Possesses strong medical and scientific acumen and communication skills to engage with thought leaders, clinicians, pathologists, and research and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in pre-launch setting and launch preparation is highly desirable.
- Team-minded, proactive work ethic with ability to be innovative and flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you’d can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.