Director, Information Technology (IT) – Remote
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers has an opening for experienced Director of Information Technology.
This individual contributor role will be responsible for designing, developing and managing our technology operations and ensuring that our data is protected and secure and our staff can rely on our technology platforms to help them deliver on business goals.
- Oversees all information technology operations ensuring maximum use of available systems and applications. Develops and implements processes that deliver on the company’s technology needs in a virtual and local working environment.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols and security processes to minimize disruptions to business operations.
- Ensures systems and practices meet compliance and regulatory standards including Data Privacy, Validation Protocols and Records Retention partnering with other key stakeholders and departments as necessary.
- Provides strategic direction regarding infrastructure and hardware requirements that provide appropriate redundancy and data security in a cost-effective manner. Stays current on industry trends and best practices and provides recommendations on hardware, software and/or platform updates as needed.
- Analyzes business requirements of all departments to determine their needs and provide cost effective solutions.
- Effectively supports the overall company growth strategies and corporate infrastructure buildout discussions.
- Develops and manages effective relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Establishes policies, procedures, quality standards and work methods to monitor and enhance IT delivery to the organization; establishes and monitors performance metrics.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advance degree preferred. Minimum ten (10) years prior IT experience including at least 2 years of senior level experience. Prior experience in Pharma, Biopharma, Life Sciences or Medical Device (ie: Companion Diagnostics) required.
- Thorough understanding of IT best practices, cybersecurity, data integrity challenges, and overall industry standards for pharma and biotechnology.
- Experience with innovative and forward leading technologies and partners is desired.
- Experience working in a dynamic high growth biotech company is a plus.
- Experience aligning IT solutions to business goals and ensuring scalability is a must.
- Experience writing and implementing appropriate IT SOPs is required.
- Ability to partner and work with different functional departments to find the best suited solutions for the application.
- Background in oncology or clinical trial focused company is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill; able to establish positive partnerships with internal and external contacts.
- Good organizational, analytical, time management and project management skills.
- Strong customer service focus as part of the infrastructure of the company.
- Up to 10% domestic travel may be required.
- Must be located within and authorized to work in the United States today and in the future.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.