Director Human Resources – Remote
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers has an opening for an experienced Director Human Resources.
In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for establishing and driving the human resources function including organizational design and effectiveness strategies, talent acquisition and retention, benefits and compensation, leadership and staff development, employee relations and compliance within a virtual workplace.
HR & Business Leadership
- Lead human resources programs within the organization
- Drive the Performance Management process and facilitate regular talent review and succession planning activities
Organizational Design and Effectiveness
- In the virtual work environment, develop strategies and programs that foster collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Review organization structure and identify methods that would improve team performance
- Coach leaders on a variety of personnel, process and/or organization effectiveness topics
- Partner closely with leaders on planning and executing organization transitions (e.g., strategy, structure, processes) and lead change management efforts for the company
Compensation / Benefits
- Partnering with Finance, design corporate compensation and incentive programs (e.g., management incentive, compensation philosophy, pay plans) that drive business goals. Ensure total rewards programs are reviewed and updated to remain compliant and competitive and are aligned to business strategy and effectively driving and rewarding the right behaviors
Employee Relations / Compliance
- Provide direction and leadership in the development of employee recognition and engagement strategies
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding human resources
- Conduct employee relations investigations to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding human resources
Selection & Staffing
- Lead efforts in recruiting top industry talent and developing a diverse talent bench addressing capability gaps to deliver against business strategy
- Partner with hiring manager to develop accurate job descriptions
- Review market data to determine position requirements and compensation for new roles
- Create and issue all offers of employment and manage on-boarding processes
- Support leaders in developing and executing short- and long-term workforce/resource plans
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in required; advance degree preferred. Minimum of ten (10) years prior human resources experience including at least 2 years in a senior level role supporting C-Suite staff. Prior experience in pharma, biopharma, life science or related filed required.
- Certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR)
- Experience in a Start-up and/or virtual organization
- Prior experience with Mergers and Acquisitions including Due Diligence and Change Management strongly preferred
- Up to 10% domestic travel
- Must be located within and authorized to work in the United States today and in the future.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.