Director, Corporate Communications (Remote)
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers, has an opening for an experienced Director, Corporate Communications who has successfully created and driven strategic and corporate communication and branding initiatives.
Reporting to the CFO, this role will be instrumental in developing Elevation Oncology’s overall corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. Playing a critical role in executing an integrated external and internal communications program, building our corporate brand, and enhancing our corporate visibility and reputation with key stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Company’s Leadership Team to develop and execute a corporate communications program, based on company goals and strategy, that enhances the perception and visibility of Elevation Oncology both externally and internally
- Lead the execution of public relations and reputation management campaigns to ensure that stakeholders understand Elevation Oncology’s corporate strategy and synergize communications across multiple channels
- Serve as communications counselor to senior leadership team on specific external communications activities including, but not limited to: media interviews, conference speaking and thought leadership opportunities, and communications materials development. This includes preparing corporate spokespeople for media interviews and external presentations and ensuring all presentation materials are reviewed and approved in advance
- Strategically partner with senior leadership and across functions including HR, clinical legal, finance and others to assist with their external and internal communications needs
- Own and direct the process of drafting and reviewing all external and internal corporate communications, including press releases and social posts, to ensure consistency of messages and disclosure
- Manage and contribute to the development of a broad spectrum of corporate messaging and communications materials, including Q&A documents, presentations, fact sheets, video scripts, speeches and briefing documents
- Partner with Medical Affairs to coordinate a unified communications/publications strategy and calendar to drive Elevation Oncology’s message with key scientific and medical publications
- Partner on investor relations communications and initiatives
- Lead digital/social media strategy, including content ownership; ensure alignment with the Company’s business objectives
- Oversee corporate website and other corporate properties/channels (Twitter/LinkedIn); update and maintain brand/style guide while ensuring continuity externally and internally of corporate identity (e.g., digital content guidelines)
- Measure and evaluate success against communications goals and oversee quarterly metrics reports and dashboards
- Manage external agency partners and vendors
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-8 years of communications experience, ideally in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry or at a communications/PR agency in the biotech industry
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, business, or in a relevant scientific field
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop content across multiple platforms based on corporate communication strategy and goals
- Ability to translate complex scientific messages into lay terms; science background preferred but not necessary
- Demonstrated deep understanding of and engagement with biotech, scientific and financial media, including relationships with relevant health and business reporters
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations and demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent project management abilities, follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency
- Prior experience work in or with a Virtual company desirable
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Domestic travel up to 20% may be required
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.