Director, Cancer Biology (Remote)
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor. Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers has an opening for an experienced Director, Cancer Biology.
Reporting to Chief Scientific Officer (CSO), the ideal candidate will have a passion to participate in the drug discovery, validation, preclinical and translational research of novel cancer tumor treatments.
- Work with leadership team and scientists to create and execute research strategies for discovery programs to enable clear go-no/go decisions
- Selecting, designing, and validating appropriate assays for programs using external resources
- Designing and executing appropriate early stage and late-stage preclinical studies
- Outline and communicate research goals, design key studies and analyze data
- Provide guidance in identifying and validating biomarkers and indication selection for clinical development
- Manage external partners focusing on preclinical mechanism of action studies, compound screening, in vivo efficacy experiments, reagent generation, assay development / validation and computational biology activities
- Participate in drug discovery collaborations such as the oncogenic fusion and driver mutation with Caris Life Sciences to make genomic testing results therapeutically actionable.
- Leverage a network of external scientific advisors and consultants to execute research activities covering preclinical and clinical programs
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ph.D. and post-doctoral fellowship in relevant field of biomedical research
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant industry experience
- Strong background in oncology/cancer research, with a thorough understanding of signaling pathways implicated in disease and the mechanism of action of targeted therapies
- Experience performing and analyzing a broad array of molecular and cell biology experiments
- Experience working extensively with external partners to accomplish drug discovery objectives and transitioning molecules into production strongly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership abilities, and oral and written communication
- Some US/International travel may be required.
- Must be located within and authorized to work in the United States today and in the future.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.