Corporate Counsel (Remote)
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers, has an opening for an experienced Corporate Counsel.
Reporting to the CFO, this position will serve as a primary legal counsel for a variety of legal matters. The successful candidate will be a significant contributor to our business strategy, playing an important role in public company legal matters, corporate governance, SEC reporting and corporate development transactions
- Draft and provide counsel in support of SEC, NASDAQ and/or other securities filings, including current and periodic reports and announcements, proxy statements, and other regulatory filings and reports.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on compliance and disclosure items and advise on and draft new disclosures; coordinate and assist with financial disclosures
- Partnering with Corporate Communications to review public announcements including press releases, corporate, investor and scientific presentations, and communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide legal support on various types of transactions, including potential equity investments, joint ventures, credit facilities, corporate financing, business development, licensing, and mergers and acquisitions, including supporting due diligence, negotiation of terms, drafting of documentation, and regulatory filings.
- Assist with corporate secretarial duties, including the preparation of Board materials, minutes, corporate policies and charters, annual meeting preparation, and other governance-related matters.
- Advise on matters related to equity-based compensation, including equity plan participation and the employee stock purchase plan.
- Provide legal support and advice on corporate finance matters, including coordinating with outside counsel on debt and equity offerings.
- Review and negotiate corporate contracts in collaboration with relevant business stakeholders.
- Oversee the coordination and maintenance of records for due diligence and the Company’s electronic data rooms.
- Special projects and other activities as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school in the U.S.
- Seven (7)+ years of SEC reporting experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel. Experience with biotech or pharma companies strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations and demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. securities laws and regulations and the ability to quickly learn, interpret and apply changes in such laws and regulations and policies.
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate, as well as to work independently, balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high level of professionalism.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Domestic travel up to 20% may be required
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.