Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) – Remote
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers has an opening for an experienced Chief Scientific Officer (CSO).
Reporting to CEO, the CSO will be responsible for developing the strategic scientific roadmap, including next generation research activities, in support of the Elevations Oncology’s portfolio strategy. This individual will actively engage with and develop scientific partnerships with academic and other organizations /institutions to remain on the leading edge of scientific discovery. The CSO will also be responsible for leveraging external contract research organizations (CROs) and/or establishing internal drug discovery capabilities to support building an industry leading precision oncology pipeline.
- Develop the short and long term scientific objectives for the organization covering discovery, development, manufacturing, licensing/approval, and commercialization of product(s) aligned with the company’s portfolio.
- Develop the strategy for the build out of internal drug discovery capabilities and/or leverage external contract research organizations (CROs).
- Serve as the scientific lead for drug discovery collaborations such as the partnership with Caris Life Sciences to identify oncogenic fusion and driver mutation targets that are therapeutically actionable.
- Serve as the scientific due diligence lead for business development activities including search and evaluation, licensing, mergers and acquisitions
- Seek alliances with other science-based organizations; creates and manages effective partnerships that will drive cutting edge cancer treatment for patients.
- Provides guidance on scientific matters with regulatory agencies, scientific and medical personnel. Participates in the preparation of regulatory submissions providing science-based rational for actions.
- Lead and manage a small staff of scientists, ensuring their work is aligned with the company’s strategy and values.
- Represents the company with scientific agencies, globally addressing aspects of the company’s research and product development.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 15 – 20 years of relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, including senior level leadership experience. Prior experience in the field of oncology required. Ideal if the candidate has experience working with small molecules and biologics such as monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates.
- MD, PhD, PharmD or similar degree in a life science field from an accredited institution required.
- Prior experience building out drug discovery capabilities and overseeing a drug discovery team desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Prior experience with establishing and advancing industry partnerships strongly desired.
- Desired experience around due diligence of business development opportunities
- Potential travel 20% including US and/International.
- Must be located within and authorized to work in the United States today and in the future.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.