Accounting Manager, SEC – Remote
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers, has an opening for an experienced Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
Reporting to the Controller, this is very dynamic accounting role with interaction with different departments (accounting operations, legal, etc.) and a high level of visibility within the organization. This position will be responsible for SEC reporting, technical accounting, and accounting policies. The incumbent will lead and resolve technical accounting and reporting issues, monitor and help implement new accounting standards and draft technical accounting and position memos.
- Manage the Company’s external reporting process, including the preparation of supporting schedules and related analysis, to ensure the accurate compilation and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP.
- Independently research and analyze accounting issues and disclosure requirements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Monitor proposed and enacted accounting pronouncements that affect the Company and make recommendations on implementing changes/compliance.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules including cash flows, Equity roll forward, EPS calculation, and stock based compensation.
- Assist in the development of an annual SOX scoping assessment and plan.
- Assist with the documentation of key processes and execution of SOX testing and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Assist with assessment of gaps and deficiencies and remediation efforts.
- Review and analyze attestations reports for service providers
- Coordinate/lead training programs related to internal control compliance.
Other Accounting Responsibilities:
- Complete projects for management requiring financial analysis and technical accounting research and memos.
- Assist with gathering the information and documentation necessary for quarterly reviews, annual audits, income tax filings, and other regulatory filings.
- Assist with the implementation of accounting and other systems for better financial and operational reporting and an improved control environment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Public accounting firm experience preferred
- CPA license required.
- Accounting/finance degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum 5 years of accounting related experience.
- Strong, current understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations.
- Strong operational capability and sense of urgency to drive completion of SOX plan and achievement of annual departmental initiatives
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to both do the work and manage other people, while contributing to the internal control/audit function
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Toppan Bridge a plus.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.
Search Firms and Agency Representatives: Elevation Oncology is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies for any job posting. Resumes submitted to any employee of Elevation Oncology by any search firm or agency without an applicable contract in place will be the property of Elevation Oncology and no fee will be paid.