Medical Director, Medical Affairs (Remote)
It takes a team to reach the summit.
Join us to build a future in which each patient has access to the right physicians, the right tests, and the right therapeutics to treat their individual tumor.
Elevation Oncology is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of precision medicines for patients with genomically defined cancers. Elevation Oncology is searching for a highly motivated, experienced and dynamic Medical Director, Medical Affairs to join our Medical Affairs team.
The successful candidate will function as a scientific and medical resource for the Medical Affairs department at Elevation Oncology as well as to cross functional partners. The Medical Director, Medical Affairs will work collaboratively to effectively develop strategy and lead the execution of the Medical Affairs plan. This highly visible role will have the opportunity to work with top external key opinion leaders, partners, and physicians in the community to discuss current treatment and landscape for medical gaps and strategies to be implemented. The role will be instrumental in support of key functions and planning for growth of functions such as medical information, medical communication, medical affairs operations, field precision medical science liaisons, health outcomes and publications. The role will provide input to diagnostic and therapeutic strategy and support execution of that strategy for seribantumab and/or additional precision medicine product launches. This role includes a focus on identifying unmet medical needs and barriers to adoption or utilization of clinical biomarker testing that can be influenced by the medical strategy. The role will report to the VP, Medical Affairs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drives medical strategic planning and is accountable for Medical Affairs tactics driven by the strategy and relevant to key disease states, science, and competitive clinical data/landscape.
- Serves as a medical leader and subject matter expert providing direction and contributes medical, scientific, and strategic insights to the development and execution of integrated medical strategy.
- Translates the integrated product medical strategy and any insights to inform the scientific/medical narrative and multi-channel communications as well as internal cross-functional team members. Active management of budgets, outcomes and identifying risks.
- Responsible for driving medical advisory boards, developing objectives, outlining the scope, and providing recommendations on advisor types; Presenting and representing the medical leadership as appropriate along with clinical development.
- Develops and manages strategic relationships (diagnostic, pathology and medical) with global and national level thought leaders, institutions, and partner organizations. Interacts and facilitates relationships with external societies, organizations, advocacy groups, and alliance/diagnostic partner engagements. Facilitate appropriate scientific exchange.
- Collaborates in the development and execution of a KOL/DOL engagement plan for seribantumab.
- Drives evidence generation activities aligned with both seribantumab and Elevation Oncology brand strategy to support leadership in the NRG1 fusion and precision oncology space.
- Manages RWE studies to help support region-specific regulatory/reimbursement tactics; Oversees review and operations for investigator sponsored studies and any Medical Affairs Studies.
- Responsible for approval of medical and scientific content medical communications/materials.
- Lead medical director in medical affairs for pipeline – including working with clinical, translational, and CDx efforts as appropriate.
- Assess and develop medical information needs and capability – plan for growth, vendors; Create, review and provide medical approval for all medical information HCP letters.
- Assuming additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- MD, PhD or PharmD; Oncology MD highly desired. Ten (10) years prior oncology focused experience to include precision oncology. Pathology, diagnostic and/or clinical oncology experience all desirable. Relevant work experience within the biopharmaceutical industry including 2 years minimum experience with an in-house medical affairs role and/or comparable experience within research/academic environment that included precision oncology and interaction with biopharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications. Proficient with evaluating and reporting complex scientific and clinical data and translating them into simple messages. Quick understanding of a disease landscape. Ability to apply diagnostic and medical experience and knowledge to business needs; to critically review current literature, providing relevance to products/markets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to gain respect and influence and to build lasting relationships with internal colleagues as well as external thought leaders within the community.
- Self-directed and proactive individual with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment with high performing colleagues whether leading the group or as an individual contributor
- Experience or knowledge of oncology pathology and laboratory clinical diagnostic testing processes, regulatory oversight, technologies, and methods used and/or experience interacting with pathologists, path labs and precision oncology investigators.
- Proven track record of fostering teamwork, leading cross-functional teams, planning and organizational ability, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Experience with current ACCME guidelines and ICMJE guidance/general publication practices
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience reviewing promotional materials from a medical perspective, publications planning, relevant medical society membership and track record of active participation/attendance, and strong presentation skills.
- Must be located within and authorized to work in the United States today and in the future.
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-standard Work Schedule, Travel Requirements
Life at Elevation Oncology
Our values lay the foundation for the road ahead:
INTEGRITY: We’re committed to identifying and targeting the genomic targets that can make the most meaningful difference to a patient, no matter how rare. Each tumor is unique, and every patient deserves access to a drug that is made with their tumor in mind, whether made by Elevation Oncology or an industry peer.
COMMUNITY: We celebrate the unity in our shared mission and the diversity of our strengths both as individuals in a team, and as a company in a vibrant precision medicine community. We actively seek and nurture effective collaborations and strive to be a trustworthy corporate citizen.
ADVOCACY: We advocate for the widespread adoption of genomic testing and a cooperative effort supporting patient awareness and education. We believe that only as a unified industry can we can best provide our patients with a clear path forward.
If you share our beliefs and are interested in helping to further our mission, send your resume or CV to email@example.com and tell us how you can help. We look forward to meeting you!
Elevation Oncology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all individuals.